Tech Focus - for Finance Functions
Innovation, collaboration and performance enhancement. Turn disruptors into opportunities for competitive advantage and growth. Make your finance function future-ready.
1. Artificial Intelligence
2. Machine Learning
4. Robotic Process Automation
5. Predictive Analytics
Can't attend in person in Johannesburg?
We will also be streaming the Finance Transformation New York conference on 29-30 November live online so you can attend from the comfort of your home/office.
You will still receive your full CPE credit points by attending online.
Changing role & mandate of finance
Enabled by disruptive technologies, the future of finance mandate is to go beyond its traditional, core accounting role and become a much greater strategic and influential player within the business.
Finance Transformation 2018 is designed to help you on your growth journey to embrace and capitalise on the changing mandate, bringing together the best finance minds and practices of finance professionals.
4 themes to define, enable and shape the future of finance
- changing competencies and mindsets
- changing role and mandate of finance
- changing technology and finance
- changing shape of the finance function
150+ finance leaders from global, national and SMEs
Share experiences and benchmark your transformation journey with peers who are;
- mature in practice,
- continuing the ongoing transformation;
- embarking on the future of finance journey
3 power houses bringing the best minds together
We know the path to change is not an easy one. In order to help you share knowledge and expertise, this platform is brought to you by:
- AICPA & CIMA - the world's largest accounting association
- KNect365 - the world’s largest conference company
As we transition from linear to exponential progression, what can finance do to improve the odds the organisation it supports survives then thrives?
As it turns out a lot.
Register for this webinar to see why and how you must focus on becoming innovation catalysts in the finance function.
Is your finance function future-ready?
Can you accurately predict performance? Use the latest predictive analytics data to ensure you avoid future risks
Hear thought-leadership from pioneers on their transformation journey
Just some of your speakers for 2018:
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants' research is the compilation of a year-long, worldwide project to identify the future direction and form of the finance function.
Future of the Finance Function
Creating a vision for the future, the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants' Accounting in extraordinary times: the future of finance report will reveal a composite picture of the finance function in relation to its comprehensive, worldwide project to identify finance's future direction and form.
This comprehensive and global research project seeks to answer the following questions:
How will the future be different for your organisation?
What are the drivers of change for your organisation?
What are the implications for finance?
How should finance prepare for the changes?
The changing role and mandate of finance
- The finance function has a mandate to go beyond its core accounting role;
- The function now has the capability to assess a broader range of information;
- To become a more influential player within an organisation;
- It’s time to step up and occupy the space that the finance function of the future must own.
Finance is facing unprecedented disruption. Responsible for changing the shape and role of both the function and its finance leaders, demystifying and embracing some of the more critical technologies is the path to success.
Don't simply jump on the technology bandwagon! Hear practical experiences and insights from industry speakers who will help you to assess exactly what technology you do and don't need, to move forward.
Changing skills and competencies
‘Finance people need a mindset that enables them to adapt through continuous learning.’
- Explore how technological automation is shifting the competency skills set required of a finance professional
- Introduce the concept of a growth mindset
- Demonstrate the increasing need to continually learn and relearn as new technologies replace timeworn skills and knowledge
The changing shape of the finance function
Every CFO is an artist. How to find your own way to building the best finance function to support your business, is just one of the key areas speakers will explore;
- Embrace and adopt change
- Capitalise on the opportunities open to you
- Build the foundations to become a different kind of CFO, leading a different kind of finance function
- Increase agility, speed and performance of the function
How finance leaders can prepare
We know the process to change is not an easy one and we are working with you to help realise the future of finance mandate through bringing the best practices and innovations to help you on the journey.
- Explore the basic activities that are the essential DNA of every finance function. These are the building blocks which without, the evolving mandate would not be possible.
- Explain the broad finance function roles. These will enable you to plot where your finance function is on the journey to owning the space that the changing mandate has created.
- Finally, explore the transformation the finance function needs to take to meet the changing mandate.
Embrace the opportunities
‘Finance is playing a strategic role for an organisation in transition’.
Enabled by new technologies, finance has the capability to assess a broader range of information, embrace a strategic mandate and become a far greater influencer within the organisation.
Hear thought-leadership on how to move beyond the often quoted cliches of value-add, business partnering and efficient operating models, to truly deliver:
- Superior performance
- Enhanced communications and engagement
- Heightened resilience
- A better connected, more cohesive finance offering
Webinar recording with Andy Burrows
How the CFO will be the head coach in the business
Find out how you, as a CFO and finance team, can have a real impact on your business - like Pep Guardiola at Barcelona and Manchester City, or Alex Ferguson at Manchester United! Finance transformation, historically, has been all about saving money through outsourcing and technology. However, Andy Burrows, CEO and Founder of Supercharged Finance argues that a more radical transformation is needed for CFOs, and the finance function. Thrive in the digital age - watch this webinar for practical guidance on achieving this.
Connecting our members
As either an AICPA or CIMA member, you are entitled to an exclusive member's rate.
To avail of this rate, please enter your membership number in the booking form page.